"I became interested in this because as I’ve reflected on my past educational experiences, I realized that my life could have turned out so much differently if I had stayed at my neighborhood high school at home."

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sentimental

Black people who attend a Chicago Public School on the southside of Chicago are less likely to be successful because schools are neglected and ignored, which systemically perpetuates the cycle of black oppression in Chicago. I became interested in this because as I’ve reflected on my past educational experiences, I realized that my life could have turned out so much differently if I had stayed at my neighborhood high school at home. Back at home, there was an obvious divide in school systems. The north side consists of predominately white public schools where they are well funded and their students go off to the best colleges, while on the south side, there are initiatives on how to keep the black youth in school instead of dropping out of high school. Going to school on the southside limits your potential because of the lack of funding, support, and opportunities.. Chicago has one of the highest murder rates in the country and I believe that it is because of the divide and corruption of Chicago’s education system. In this blog I will talk about my educational experiences and support, with facts, how my educational choices changed my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Windy City

The Windy City
Protestors in Chicago